The Micro Joystick is a joystick module which can be connected directly to the wheelchair electronics to control the wheelchair functions. It is a very small, proportional joystick, specifically designed for people with very poor or weak muscle strength and/or limited movements. It can easily be controlled by e.g. finger, chin, tongue, lip... It is recommended for people with muscular or neuromuscular diseases.
- Very small and proportional
- Supplied with two handles: a small ball and a cup
- Very sensitive due to its low operating force (ca. 8 gr) and movement (3.3 mm). There is also a new adapted version available, which only requires 5 gr of force but comes with some additional attention points towards mounting etc.
- Can be controlled by finger, chin, tongue, lip...
- Designed in ergonomic shape for easy handling
- Two switches can be linked to the separate interface: (red) on/off power wheelchair - (yellow) mode of the power wheelchair
- Fully adjustable to individual possibilities and needs with well-thought-out electronics (mini USB connection)
- Compatible with multiple types of wheelchair electronics
- Has a LED light on the interface which will start to flash green in case of error or orange in case of active tilt
The joystick operates with high sensitivity. A good movement coordination and force control is required.
P002-51 Micro Joystick Omni
This joystick has an Omni cable with SUB D9 connector
P002-52 Micro Joystick R-net
This joystick has an R-net bus cable
P002-55 Micro Joystick Omni (5gr adapted)
This joystick has an Omni cable with SB D9 connector
Add more intelligence
There is a mini USB connection in the interface to connect the Micro Joystick to the mo-vis Configurator and add more intelligence. Interesting features are the Road Compensation and the Tilt Setting.
Download the configurator here.
The mo-vis joysticks are available in two versions:
- R-net version with R-net bus cable
- Omni version with SUB D9 connector. This can be used to connect the mo-vis joystick directly to the Omni(2) Interface of Curtiss-Wright. But you can also connect the Omni joystick to other interfaces for compatibility with Dynamic Controls (DX, LiNX) and Curtis Instruments (Q-Logic).
Take a look at this overview to learn more about the compatibility of our joysticks.
Download our technical guides: